Gathering your thoughts and some important information before you meet with us will help us help you more quickly!
So grab a pen, paper, and tape measure and let the creative juices flow!
- Who will be the primary users of the space?
- How will they use the space?
- When and with what frequency will the space be used?
2) Consider flow. Your design is a personal reflection of your style; however, it’s also important to keep a flow of color, style, and pattern throughout existing rooms.
- Walk through your house or through the rooms that adjoin the area you’re decorating and make notes about existing design and décor.
3) Start an idea file.
- Clip pictures of rooms, furniture, colors, patterns and styles that catch your eye. Our design pros can blend the looks you love into a room that’s uniquely you!
- Measure your room and important areas within it (windows, doors, fireplace, built-in furniture, etc.). If you have paint swatches, flooring samples, or fabric swatches from existing pieces, gather those. Take pictures of the area and of individual pieces of furniture in it. This helps our staff understand your space.
5) Think through your vision for any individual pieces of furniture you need and jot down notes, even if you’ve never seen that furniture in a store. Our design consultants can help you identify your decorating style and show you manufacturers who have the look you want. The possibilities are endless:
- Select from thousands of fabric or leather covers in every color and pattern imaginable
- Choose the size and style of the frame
- Add decorative trim or toss pillows
- Specify the stain or paint color of the wood.
- Gather all the accessories in your home and “shop” from your collection for items that might fit in your “new” space.
- Then make a list of other accessories that you’d like to add. Consider the following:
- Floral arrangements
Remember,you’ll be visiting the best North Coast Furniture Store for seven years running, and, our design service is free!